Thursday, May 31, 2012

The green light at the end of Daisy's dock. And also a couch.

Last weekend, Meredith and I built a mother-fucking couch. And when I say we built a couch, I mean that we literally built a couch. Note:



The instructions manual said it would take about 2-3 hours. By hour 4, we were hostile and sweating. We hated that mother-fucking couch. I was glad that I took on the project with Meredith of all people, because if I had done it with anyone else, I most likely would have cried and/or been punched. But, Mere is a pacifist. For example, one time, I slapped her in the face because I didn't like her ringtone. She didn't retaliate, and she's still my friend. There's more to that story. I hope. Sorry, Mere!



Anyway, there were times when we felt weak and abused. There were times when we thought we would never have a couch. That the end was near. Not the end of building, just the end. The end of EVERYTHING.


We became hopeless, yet we persevered. And finally, we had a 100% American-made couch. 100-mother-fucking-percent.

This is the American Dream.

On that note, get excited:


3 comments:

  1. Mollsy and I built a tv stand last night and I thought our lives were over. Then I saw those pictures. Nice work. Thank god mere loves assembling and rarely loses her cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm guessing there is no hida-bed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice, hope I didn't steer you gals wrong?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.