Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Idolatry

When people say women aren't funny, I assume they have no sense of humor. Or are just assholes. They're also probably the kind of people who think they're hilarious because they can quote a Will Ferrell movie. I mean he's funny, but that doesn't make you funny, you know?



The other night, I was watching VH1's Women of SNL special, which I've seen no less than 10 times and never get bored of. I mean, the ladies kind of own that show, am I right? So amazing. I want to be like them, as well as many other female comedians who are just brilliant in every sense of the word.



These are my heroes:

Tina Fey - Duh. But, for the record, we have a lot more in common than our glasses.




Kristen Wiig - I wish I could make my face look like yours, especially when you're doing this:




Amy Poehler - Because she reps girl power 24/7.





Sheri Oteri - WHERE ARE YOU  NOW?!  This is possibly my favorite SNL sketch of all time:





Non SNL heroes:

Megan Amram - Probably my favorite thing to come out of Harvard (and onto Twitter):



Mindy Kaling - We have the same body type, and according to your television show, men are attracted to it.




And last but not least, the one and only...

Sarah Silverman - Technically, she was a writer for SNL, but her skits never got chosen. Whatever, Sarah, I think you're perfect in every way:





Thank you for inspiring me always.

2 comments:

  1. When's your next stand-up routine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. but for reals!!! i want to be all the funnies of these ladies combined. they are gods in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.