Monday, January 2, 2012

Inconsequential

For the past week, it has felt like my ovary is bursting inside of me. It's a really fantastic feeling. So on New Year's Eve, I spent a good portion of the night in the fetal position on my friend's bed while everyone partied upstairs. Various people would come down to deliver me goods like tums and chamomile tea. I was by far the coolest person at the party.  Still, at midnight, I did manage to kiss one straight guy, two gays, and a couple girls. Do with that information what you will. 


Cats.


Anyway, when I got home that night, I knew I should go to bed immediately, but, in typical fashion, I ended up spending 1-2 hours watching YouTube videos and brainstorming my favorite albums from 2011. 

I know you all sit and wonder about what kind of music I like, so here are my top eight (no, not ten) albums of 2011 [in no particular order (except not really)]:

1) Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
2) tUnE-YarDs - Whokill
3) Feist - Metals
4) The Strokes - Angles
5) The Head and the Heart - The Head and the Heart
6) Bon Iver - Bon Iver
7) Fitz & the Tantrums - Pickin' Up the Pieces
8) Radiohead - King of Limbs

I would love nothing more than to have been able to put Fiona Apple on this list, but she was supposed to release an album in the spring of 2011, and it's now 2012. I cry.

2 comments:

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.