Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Book Thief*

Last night, I finally felt like I lived in Allston: I waited 45 minutes for the bus, a building down the street from mine was on fire, and someone stole my mail.

In all seriousness, the fire was terrifying, a 9-alarm blaze that lasted hours. Luckily, no one was seriously injured, but now roughly 50 people are homeless. I am currently browsing the internet for renter's insurance.


Back to more selfish things, I am enraged about this mail theft, you guys. I preordered the How Sweet It Is sure-to-be amazing cookbook, Seriously Delish, which I believe she may or may not have signed for me.



If you don't know, Jessica of www.howsweeteats.com, is one of my favorite bloggers. Her writing is real and accessible, and her food is beautiful and decadent and, more importantly, always covered in cheese. Well, my copy of Seriously Delish was said to be delivered to my apartment yesterday, but I didn't receive it. Apparently, someone signed for it using the name "Jeshall". Um...


So yeah, I'm pissed. If I don't get my MF book back, I'm going to kick some ass and/or leave another passive aggressive note in the mail room that says:

"STEALING PEOPLE'S MAIL IS A FELONY, SO."


*Misleading title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.