Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Sorority Has a Last Name

Do you guys watch Sister Wives? It's like Hoarders except with humans instead of animals. This guy has 4 wives and 16 children. They do not appear to live in squalor but their lives sure are chaotic. Take, for instance, the fact that they were kicked out of the state of Utah on account of their lifestyle. Wait, isn't Utah also home to this guy?:



Right, right. 


Anyway, Kody and his clan had to relocate to Las Vegas, Nevada where they could practice their religion within a more accepting environment, one which embraces other moral practices, such as gambling and prostitution. 


The women in this show are constantly contradicting themselves. One minute they're talking about how much they love the relationship they're in and the next minute they're crying because someone else is pregnant with their husband's child. It's confusing.


You may ask yourself, why would anyone ever want to be a sister wife? Well, if you're going to ask yourself that, then you should also ask yourself this: What's worse: a sister wife or a cat lady? Hmm, polygamy doesn't sound so bad now, does it? My roommates and I have collectively agreed (or at least that's how I interpreted it) that we would all rather be sister wives than single for the rest of our lives. While it is slightly troubling that we would all be sleeping with the same man, we think the risk of disease is pretty low, so really what's the issue? Then again, it's also pretty clear to me that sister wife #4 has oral herpes (check it out). So, I guess I'm  going to hope it doesn't come down to polygamy, not only because it's illegal, but also because Mormons seem to really like kids (by that I meant having them, but you can really take that whatever way you want) and pregnancy is my absolute worst nightmare. 


2 comments:

  1. As an aforementioned roommate, yes I agree. I would prefer to be a sister wife rather than eternally single. I mean we lived in one house with 45 girls for two years. And everyone slept with eachother's boyfriends. So.. what's the difference?

    Slash sister wives creep me out. But the show is addicting. And I will continue to watch week after week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truer words have never been spoken.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.