Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wine-o on a Dime-o

I love wine. I love wine so much. Sometimes, I think too much. But it's good for your heart, right?

The other night I went out with a large group of people, half of which I didn't know, and ordered a bottle of wine for myself. It dawned on me, when the waiter brought it to our table and placed it in front of me, that people were giving me questioning looks. I'm sure they were thinking, "that bitch is an alcoholic." But, in my defense, I was just being economical. 


A bottle is $22. A glass is $8. It just makes sense to buy the whole bottle. And then I don't have to *panic* when my glass is empty and the waiter is no where to be found. Really, people should be taking lessons from me about how to drink on a dime with CLASS. 


Bottle for one.


Something else you should know about wine is that it sometimes comes in a box. This is another way to save money and drink well. 





Now, when you hear boxed wine, you probably think Franzia and frat basements and throwing up in a dorm bathroom. But stop doing that because there are actually some good wines that come in boxes. Exhibit A:


Get some, get some.

I can't say enough good things about boxed wine, but here are some fun facts:

  • It's cheap: you get FOUR bottles in one box for about $20.
  • It lasts longer: bottled wines typically go bad in about 3 days; boxed wines last as long as it takes to finish one (3 days). 
  • It's less wasteful: recycle that shit.
  • It's like having a soda fountain of wine in your kitchen. A SODA FOUNTAIN OF WINE. 


Okay, so I realize this post doesn't really do anything for my claim that I am not an alcoholic, but I swear I'm not. I have never woken up and needed to drink. I mean sure, I've woken up and wanted to drink, but I've never needed to. So that's the difference. 

1 comment:

  1. I knew I loved you for so many reasons, but this one tops them!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.