Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Hunger Games

I just said to my boss, "I gotta go see about a cookie."

I didn't intentionally quote Good Will Hunting - I really had to go see about a cookie because I wasn't sure if a cookie even existed at the dining hall, which is where I was going. It did, and it was peanut butter, and it was amazing, for the record.

Anyway, this all made me think about how, if my life were ever turned into a romantic comedy, it would be a long, drawn-out tale of my dramatic love affair with food, and the final scene would be me running through Chicago O'Hare airport to get a bag of Garretts Popcorn right before my flight departed. JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME.

I'm hungry, you guys. I'm sort of always hungry, actually. I started making smoothies for breakfast recently and everyone I have told has been like, "Don't they keep you full for so long?!" And I'm like, "What is 'full'?"

I always thought smoothies were kind of bullshit because I like to chew my food. Because I'm only 28 and I still have all my teeth and one day I will be forced to drink all my nutrients but today is not that day, so hand over a cookie! But for real, smoothies are actually pretty good. When followed by real food, at least.

So, yeah, hunger. Whenever I'm out with someone and they say, "Are you hungry? Do you want to eat?" I'm like, Yes, of course. I always want to eat. Who would say no to that? I guess people who, like, don't always feel hungry(???). Or people who think not eating is cool. I remember in college when I'd go out with a bunch of girl friends and they wouldn't order food because they, quote, "weren't hungry" and then when my meal arrived, they'd be like "mm can I just, like, have a bite?" Nope, fuck you, you're not hungry. That's what I would say.

I didn't bring enough food for lunch.  That's what this post is about.

5 comments:

  1. But your berry smoothie looked so wonderful today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful! And it *did* keep me full up until the moment I had sugar rage.

      Delete
  2. I am like a school of piranhas. I could skeletalize a cow in about five seconds. I was full once for about an hour and I think other than that I have always been hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my dream post. there was a good will hunting quote. there was food talk. there was a PB COOKIE. now i want my tagalong box to not be empty. why did i only buy one box?!!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put cookies in your smoothie. Oreos.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.