Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Skanktity of Marriage

It's impossible for anyone to avoid discussion of Kim Kardashian's divorce. It's all over the internet and the "news" and, most importantly, Twitter -- which is where I get pretty much all of my information these days. 



That being said, I think it is truly disgusting how much time people waste reading/writing/talking/caring about celebrities, especially those who do absolutely nothing of value. But I hope that if something can come out of this overly-publicized divorce,  it's a surge of support for gay marriage. Because opponents of gay marriage constantly tout the "sanctity" of marriage, while straight people across the country, like Ms. Kardashian, continuously spit in its face. 


So I hope that instead of feeling bad for Kim Kardashian's "failed" marriage, you feel remorse for the institution itself and the legislation surrounding it. I hope that you think the best thing Kim could do with the 15 MILLION DOLLARS she earned from her outrageous 4-hour wedding special is donate it to the Human Rights Campaign so that everyone can have the opportunity to be married for 72 days.  I mean, that's only chump change for the girl who makes a $35 million a year partying in a crumbling economy.



4 comments:

  1. totally agree. however doesn't this article add to the disgusting amount of time people write/talk/read about celebrities?? jk :)

    on another note, i love the Kardashianomics link. fucked up. interesting, but fucked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're telling me sister. whooooooooooooooa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how I feel about the Kardashians and keeping up with them in general, but I do have to agree with you on this, Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha well yes I suppose I'm being a bit hypocritical by even writing this post, but I think my point is clear. Still, there is a lot more I could comment on: The fact that Kim wouldn't make all this money without the help of her fans is perhaps the greater issue here.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.