Thursday, January 12, 2012

Footbawl

I have to wonder why I like sports so much. They cause me incredible anxiety.  My mood drastically fluctuates depending on what's happening in a game. One minute I might be screaming and clapping and the next minute I'm crying.  It's an emotional roller coaster ride and possibly the most emotion I show about anything (other than my cat, of course). 




People often invite me to watch sports with them, but I don't think they understand what they're getting themselves into. Last year, I had people over to watch the playoffs and ended up sobbing in the bathroom for 10 minutes. My roommate doesn't even like to be around me when a game is on. 


So, needless to say, I'm feeling stressed about Saturday. Here are my two major concerns:


1) If the Pats lose, not only will I sink into a deep, dark depression, but I will also have to reevaluate atheism. That's a lot to deal with, mentally.


2) It's my good friend's birthday, and I'm slightly worried we won't be such good friends after I skip her celebration to watch the playoffs. (Sorry, Ker.)


Hey, I never claimed to be a good friend. In fact, I've mostly claimed to be a hypochondriac, a cat lady, and a pessimist, which explains why I'm worried and not excited. I don't believe in making optimistic projections about sports. I'm superstitious like that. For example, remember when ESPN predicted that the Red Sox would win the World Series in 2011? Yeah, I blame them for everything.  

So, for now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed tightly, hoping I don't cry or lose any of my friends this weekend.

3 comments:

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.