Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Cat-astrophe

You know you're single when you analyze your cat's behavior and wonder how he feels about you. Normally, girls do this about real live men. They sit by the phone and wonder why some guy isn't calling (By calling I mean texting. No one actually calls these days, do they?). They're like, "it's been three days. He definitely doesn't like me anymore." And their friends are like, "You're too good for him." And they're like, "If I'm too good for him, then why am I not with him?" (I stole this.) I absolutely never say these kinds of things; you can ask my friends*.


Anyway, the other night Boo laid with me for like 2-3 hours. Like curled up in my arms and napped comfortably and happily. This was uncanny. Boo rarely ever shows affection. He's like a typical boy: he loves you at his own convenience. So when he spent that long of a time with me, I naturally panicked. I thought to myself, He's sick. He's going to die. My cat is ill! I felt certain that by the time I woke up the next day, he wouldn't be breathing. This is all because he liked me. My cat liked me and I automatically assumed he was dying. This does not bode well for my future.


In case you were worried, Boo is alive and well, knocking large glasses of water onto my computer and biting me if I get too close to him. All is right in the world.


He does not front.


*denotes sarcasm

1 comment:

  1. loves you when no one is looking. typical male.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.