Monday, June 11, 2012

Coffee, Bagels, and (Hopefully) Jewish Boys

The time has come. My fear of online dating has finally been outweighed by my fear of dying alone, and alas, I am now on a dating website.

www.coffeemeetsbagel.com

I was attracted to Coffee Meets Bagel because of the word bagel and its affiliation to Jews. Also, it requires little to no effort, which is great, since dating is less important to me than is not being alone when all of my friends inevitably move in with their boyfriends/girlfriends and get dogs and leave me in the DUST with my (stunningly flawless) cat. I have this very urgent fear that I will have to live over someone's garage in the suburbs when I'm 30 and be the obligatory invite to Thanksgiving. That cannot happen.

(Also, I make some really good desserts, so I promise to be a valuable guest.)

See?

So anyway, now I'm on a dating website, which I'm not sure will really help because I have a busy schedule and would likely choose spinning over getting coffee with someone I probably won't like anyway. My dad told me I need to be less picky. Then I told him to start giving my number out to people he works with. That is the low point at which I am right now.


Also, if he knew the options I have been given lately, he probably would appreciate my "high standards." The last guy I met asked to come home with me after SHOWING ME PICTURES OF HIS BABY. So yeah, no. No babies. Possibly ever. That's definitely a standard. I should probably go add that to my dating profile.

7 comments:

  1. Why are you me except young?

    Also, look. I'm finally commenting.

    Online dating just leads to dudes in snowman t-shirts trying to make out with you on your street WHERE ANYONE COULD SEE. I prefer spinning too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the bright side, it could lead to some very entertaining blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so into this idea. Are we Facebook friends yet? I want you to date my roommate. I don't know anything about you. But most people don't know anything about most of their Facebook friends, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this real? Also is your roommate a man? Because some people have the misconception that I'm a lesbian. I am in fact very not a lesbian.

    I'll FB stalk the shit out of you, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, this is priceless. My roomie did the online dating thing and ended up with a creeper with dayglo gloves and a passion for ligth shows. Hope your experience is a little saner...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, this is priceless. My roomie did the online dating thing and ended up with a creeper with dayglo gloves and a passion for light shows. Hope your experience is a little saner...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie we are honored to be your first online dating try! We are cheering for you! Please let us know any feedback you have (and give us a little break too as we are still in beta!)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.