Monday, April 8, 2013

I'm sure he just lost your number.

I was in the bathroom at a sports bar the other night. I came out of the stall and went to go wash my hands but two girls were occupying the sink area. So, I waited patiently while they discussed gender politics:

Girl #1: Have you ever lied to a guy and told him you liked sports?
Girl #2: No.
Girl #1: Oh, I have. I hate sports! But they really like sports.
Girl #2: No, you can't tell guys you like sports because when they find out you don't, they'll stop hooking up with you.

I was like, you girls are really sad and also can I wash my fucking hands now?

I'm pretty sure no guy has ever hooked up with a girl because she likes sports, or has stopped because she doesn't. More likely, he stopped hooking up with you because of your personality, so. Sorry?



But also, liking sports is not that attractive. See: me crying about football. Or this:


2 comments:

  1. Love overhearing girl bathroom chatter. It makes me feel better about my life more often than not

    ReplyDelete
  2. "No, you can't tell guys you like sports because when they find out you don't, they'll stop hooking up with you."

    This has never happened in the history of hooking up. Which you already said, but it's so baffling she said that that it bears repeating.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.