Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Gym Time

Remember that time I wrote a heartfelt, romantic post about my gym and how it was the most successful relationship I've ever been in and how I would never leave it because it was so special to me, blah blah blah? Yeah, I totally quit that shit. Kicked it to the curb! Turns out the extra hour that getting there and back added on to my life wasn't worth it. Because my time is PRECIOUS and also I need to be home in time for Jeopardy! (thisiswhyyouresingle.com).

"What is getting shot in the face? ... by Dick Cheney?"

As you may or may not know, I work at a university that gives me access to multiple gyms for $30 a year (aka free), so why I ever paid for a gym is something I don't want to spend my time justifying to you, or to myself anymore. Given the cost and the amount of students/staff here, I expected the gyms to be dismal, putrid places, and so I mentally prepared for such, but they are actually really quite acceptable. No, they don't have free lotion or tampons, but they are still better than Planet Fitness and did I mention they are (almost) free?


This week, I began going to the gym during the work day for the first time and, let me tell you, it is JOYOUS. It's so nice to get my workout over with and be able to go home (or to happy hour) right after work. I recognize that I am particularly lucky to be able to do this and that it is only possible because:

1. The gym is a 2 minute walk from my office.
2. I can take my "lunch break" whenever I want.
3. My hair rarely needs to be washed/brushed/styled (at least in my mind)
4. It takes me approximately 65 seconds for me to put on make up.
5. I am very low maintenance.


The best part about this very new routine is that I actually leave my office. Otherwise, I sit at my desk for 8-9 hours straight, not including the 30 seconds I get up each hour when my you're-going-to-die-from-sitting timer goes off. Why didn't I do this before?!

Totally unrelated to this post but 100% related to my life.

5 comments:

  1. i enjoy how low maintenance you are because i dont ever do my hair/makeup for work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a mini gym in my office and I love when i get to use it so then i can do things like happy hour or watch wheel of fortune and Mr. Alex T. also I have never laughed out loud so hard when looking at a picture when I saw that insta last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take any credit for it at all. I don't know where it came from but it's pure comedic genius.

      Delete
  3. Yes, happy hour...the best reason to skip the gym :) Glad you found a new routine that is working for you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.