Wednesday, July 2, 2014

On the Run at a Standstill

I almost cannot talk about last night as it was one of the most disappointing and yet also wonderful nights of my life.



Queen Bey (and Jay-Z) performed at Gillette Stadium, which will go down in history is one of the worst concert venues of all time. We were in traffic for 4 hours which was partly due to rush hour but also partly due to the fact that they were spending 3-5 minutes on each car to collect money for parking because after spending over $100 on a concert ticket, you have to pay another $40 to enter the M-F stadium. DON'T YOU ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH MONEY, ROBERT KRAFT?! (Not quite sure he actually owns Gillette, but either way, I'm pissed and want to blame someone for my problems.)


Anyway, in result, we missed half of the show, and I obviously cried about it, but what we did see was glorious. Jay-Z and Beyoncé are truly the most glamorous couple on planet earth. They are also amazing, as in causing amazement.


Basically, I experienced almost every emotion last night, including but not limited to:
  • excitement
  • anxiety
  • envy
  • desperation
  • anger
  • rage
  • hopelessness
  • disappointment
  • sadness
  • pain
  • joy
  • wonderment
  • empathy
  • pride
  • love
  • exhaustion
Is exhaustion an emotion? Is victimization an emotion? Because I felt personally victimized by Gillette Stadium.  



On the bright side, I did get to see Yoncé cover Lauryn Hill and make love to an ottoman, so that was pretty fucking great. I also particularly enjoyed the Blue Ivy montage, but it made me wonder if they only spend time with her when they are on vacation (which is either always or never since they are both incredibly rich but constantly working). I think I'm going to start calling Boo, Boo Ivy, since he probably sees his mom as much as she does.



Mostly,  I spent (what I saw of) the show wondering how one becomes Beyoncé. Because that is my aspiration in life. That, and to be happy.


3 comments:

  1. oh god she covered Miss Hill?!?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That and to be happy" --this made me smile. That really stinks you missed part of the show, but glad you liked the part you got to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so the king and queen are coming to my city this summer and i couldn't afford tickets and i maybe want to just cry a little bit because i love bey.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.