Friday, August 22, 2014

Book Worm.

I stole this from Making Melissa. Any excuse to post something I don't really have to write, right?

Author you've read the most books from:
Most likely Ann M. Martin since I was in the The Baby-Sitters Club Book Club as a child.

Currently reading:
Bad Feminist - Roxane Gay
The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood

Drink of choice while reading:
Water and sometimes beer. I've read at the bar a few times...

E-reader or physical book?
Yeah, fuck the Kindle, okay? I had one for approximately 1 year and 1 day and it just stopped working. When I called Amazon about it, they said, "Okay, so, like, here's what you can do: You can buy a new Kindle for $89.95." Nope, peace. I am back to turning pages like the olden timey days.

Fictional character you would have probably dated in high school:
Holden Caulfield because we would have been so emo together.

Glad you gave this book a chance:
The Bible. Shit is so sexy, you guys.

Hidden gem book:
I'll have to go with The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, only because I loved it and don't know anyone else who has read it.

Important moment in your reading life:
  • Maybe that time I proclaimed in class that Daisy Miller was a "faux lesbian", aka the kind of girl who makes out with other girls at the bar for attention.
  • Or that time my professor explained the meaning of the Shakespearean term "meat slapping" and visually demonstrated it with her hands.

Just finished:
The Bell Jar. I had never read it before. It felt incredibly relevant minus the suicide part.

Kinds of books you won't read:
Ones with high heels and/or lipstick on the cover.

Longest book you've ever read:
The Old Testament.

Major book hangover because of...
Harry Potter. I never wanted it to end. The other day, I saw a girl reading it on the T and I felt envious.

Number of bookcases you own:
Just one. Most of my books are strewn around my apartment because I live in CHAOS.

One book you have read multiple times:
Heart of Darkness. Read it no less than 5 times in college (English major FTW).  The first time I hated it. The second time I hated it. The third time I was like, hmmm. The 4th time I was like, okay, yes. And by the 5th time it became one of my favorite books.

Preferred place to read:
In my bed next to my cat.

Quote from a book you've read that inspires you:
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense."

Reading regret:
Beautiful Ruins. God that book was so fucking awful. I blame NPR.

Series you started and need to finish:
The Hunger Games. Not sure if ~need~ to finish is the right thing to say. It ~needs~ to be re-written first. BOOM.

Three of your all-time favorite books:
  1. The Handmaid's Tale
  2. Jane Eyre
  3. The Poisonwood Bible
Unapologetic fangirl for...
JK Rowling

Very excited for this release more than all the others:
Seriously Delish, from how sweet eats, obviously.

Worst bookish habit:
Feeling like I have to finish a book even though I hate it.

Your latest book purchase:
The Blind Assassin - $5, used.

The last book that kept you up way late:
The Book Thief. Tears beach.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally stealing this... I love it! Also, I hated Holden, but I love Margaret Atwood, so I guess we can still be friends. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.