Friday, October 14, 2011

You can't just ask people why they're white. Or fat.


There are few things I hate more than when someone comments on what I'm eating. Unless it's one of my home-made baked goods and you want to tell me that I'm amazing for having created it, shut the fuck up. 

Is butter a carb?

During the winter, there is an influx of geriatrics in my building who are taking post-retirement enrichment courses. One day, as I was heating up a Lean Cuisine, this old bitch walked by me and said, "Oo, that smells fattening."  
First of all, I don't really ever want anyone over the age of 65 to talk to me; and second of all, it was a lean cuisine.


I constantly hear women at work making comments about what other people are eating. Mostly what I'm eating. For some reason everyone here is really concerned about my weight. Once, when I was taking a Hershey Kiss out of a community candy bowl, someone told me, "You shouldn't be eating that." Excuse me? You shouldn't be eating that bacon, egg, and cheese you order every morning. I see you, girl. It's not a secret. But I don't say anything to you about it because a) I don't give a shit about your weight and b) that is something only an asshole would do, asshole. 


If you ever took Psych 101, you would know that what I've just described is called psychological projection, which according to Wikipedia (the most trusted source on the Internet) is a "defense mechanism where a person subconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, usually to other people." In other words, you're fat, so you want me to feel fat. Thanks, that's kind of you. However, didn't you listen to Cady Heron? Calling somebody else fat won't make you any skinnier. A treadmill might, though.

4 comments:

  1. this post makes me so mad, i want to hit those people. a guy asked me if i knew how many calories were in my lunch, and then another guys sarcastically picked up my trix cereal box while i was eating it and said "oh these are really healthy for you! no calories or sugar, good for you." i didnt know him at my workplace, but told him to please leave the room and that i dont care what he eats so dont talk about my food.


    also : Lindsay Lohan ... Cady Heron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo, thanks, Chris. Edited. Also, ell those people to SYD -- it's fat free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People hate that you and Boo are pretty much the definition of physical perfection. I know this to be true because I just saw it in the dictionary.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.