Monday, August 13, 2012

Girl Power

I totally went nuts last night over the Spice Girls' performance on the closing ceremony. My only complaint was that it didn't last long enough (this is not the first time I've had such a complaint - zing!). Needless to say, it left me wanting more (zing again!). Anyway, judging by my twitter feed, I don't think I'm alone in that feeling. So, now I'm wondering... what we can do to bring them back together forever?! I see a campaign coming your way.


When I was in 6th grade, I was absolutely obsessed with the Spice Girls -- this was something I desperately tried to cover up since I had a feeling it wasn't that cool.  However, one day, a boy from down the street came over to my house and asked me to borrow my Spice Girls CD. Since I desperately wanted friends at the time, I gladly handed it over to him, not realizing that I would never get it back. (Side note: thanks to iTunes, it has successfully been restored.) Fast forward 13 years and this boy is now a drag queen. I feel like I inadvertently played an integral role in his life.


Speaking of girl power, did you know that this year was the first time in history that every country sent a female athlete to the Olympics? Pretty awesome. It's nice to see the world move forward in these backwards times.

2 comments:

  1. Posh holds everything up because she's a drama queen. I too would sweat a Spice Girls reunion, but Posh is too cool for school. Bitch can't even sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fucking love the Spice Girls. And I admit it proudly.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.