Wednesday, August 1, 2012

You can't believe it's already August!

I can. And I'm pretty excited about it. In fact, I personally cannot wait for summer to be over. Sorry, everyone.

www.huffingtonpost.com

Summer is the most overrated season of all time. Sure, it was cool in 7th grade when the only thing you had to worry about was how you were going to get to the Barnstable County Fair. But after that, you had to work at a shitty part-time job every summer.  And then after that you had to work a full-time job every summer.  And pay bills. And live in a basement apartment without A/C. And wake up at 7 am after drinking a pitcher of sangria on a Wednesday night because fuck it, it's summer.


Worst of all, if you live in New England, you have to deal with humidity, which makes you  a miserable C-word (and also a hypocrite) that no one wants to be around. As soon as you walk out the door, you begin sweating through your white button down shirt and by the time you get to work you look like you just left a Señor Frogs wet t-shirt contest. Professional. And, if you're really lucky, your *company's* A/C will be broken for the 4th time, so your office will be approximately 89 degrees. And you'll sit in it for 8 hours.  Woo, summer!

It's so damn hot.

Thankfully, fall is right around the corner, and along with it comes football, pumpkin, witches, and everything I love. In the fall, I will not be a miserable C. 

2 comments:

  1. senor frogs. too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with this. Summer makes me want to cry, but so does Winter. I'm a miserable "C" two out of four seasons. Admitting this.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.