Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Untold Story of Princess Doe

My friend Christie recently published a book -- The Untold Story of Princess Doe -- and I'm both proud and jealous of her.


As I mentioned before, I'm really into dystopian literature right now. I also really like magic. And witty romances.  Although The Untold Story is a departure from these genres, itlike many of the books I read,  is quite disturbing and mysterious: It's about a young girl who was brutally murdered over two decades ago, but never identified. And it's based on a true story.

The case of Princess Doe remains open today; after over 20 years of investigation, no one knows who she is or why she was murdered. But, in her book, Christie gives her a name and a story, in all its gruesome details. You can read more about Princess Doe and pick up a copy of the book here: http://www.whoisprincessdoe.com/ . It's a fast-paced read that's perfect for the beach or a train ride, but perhaps not right before bed. I made the mistake of reading Oryx & Crake before I went to sleep and had nightmares about the apocalypse every night. Lesson learned.

Princess Doe

So, why am I jealous? I'm jealous because I have always dreamed of writing a book. But, the difference between Christie and me is that she actually did write a book, and I've mostly just thought about it. However, I have at least come up with a few solid chapter titles; for example, "Chapter 8: My Vagina is a Cave." Obviously, it's also going to be based on a true story.  It will also contain a lengthy insert featuring many stunning glossy photos of Boo, such as this one:

Glamour shot.

So look forward to that. Also, look forward to waiting, since I've been talking about writing a book since I was 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.