Thursday, March 21, 2013

Let's [Not] Go to the Movies!

A couple weekends ago, I was super antisocial and did basically nothing except eat and watch She's All That. That's the one about a skinny, pretty girl who wears glasses who is then TRANSFORMED into a skinny, pretty girl who does not wear glasses.


The moral of the movie is that I need to lose like 45 pounds and also wear my contacts more often. And then I'll win prom queen. Or I won't win prom queen? I actually already forget what happens in the end because I was too focused on whatever it was I was eating at the time, which probably involved peanut butter. So, right off the bat, failing at goal #1. 

Anyway, this is why I don't really ever want to watch movies (a fact about me that upsets most people). For one thing, most of my friends (and don't take this the wrong way, I love you all so much) generally want to watch romantic comedies, which aren't necessarily my cup of tea. Like, no one's ever going to fall in love in an elevator, ok? Or at least not if they wear glasses. Whatever. It's not really that I don't like these movies because they're unrealistic, because I fucking love magic you guys, it's just that they are boring as shit. Which brings me to my next reason...

I have (undiagnosed) ADHD, so it's really hard for me to sit still for 90 minutes or, in the case of Les Miserables, THE REST OF YOUR M-F LIFE, YOU WILL DIE IN THAT THEATER. I need to be stimulated at all times and I'm not allowed to walk around or go on the internet on my phone when I'm at the movie theater. Yes, I know there are movies out there that are engaging and I'm thankful to have seen a few, but for the most part, I just feel like most movies are not worth my precious time (YouTube is, though, for sure).

Unless of course I have a paper to write, in which case you can bet your ass I'll be on my couch watching mindless crap for hours.

2 comments:

  1. You just make my day every time I read your blog! The first paragraph sucked me in and I almost choked on my coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The older I become, the more I like romantic comedies. Not because I think that will happen to me but because I like to see young people in love. I know how effed that is.

    Also, have you seen "Pitch Perfect"? Because you and the girl in that are the only people alive who hate movies. It happens to also be a wonderful movie.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.