Thursday, October 31, 2013

Victory

I'm still reeling from last night's win. (I'm also still sleeping, I think.) I just can't think of a more deserving team than the 2013 Red Sox. They played like champions the whole season. They showed so much camaraderie and sportsmanship, not to mention talent. Just based on athleticism alone, they deserved to win. But on top of that, I think our city needed it.

Boston has had a rough year. And that is not to diminish the hardships people have experienced in other cities and places around the world. I think it's so important to recognize how lucky we really are. But still, the tragedies of the Boston Marathon have been looming over us for months - since the beginning of the baseball season. So, how wonderful it is to think that, although we started at this miserable place, we ended up feeling victorious. Last night, we were jubilant, and though I think we were all remembering that day in April, we were not letting it overshadow us.

I chose never to write about the marathon because I couldn't. And because for the last year and a half or so I've been wanting out of Boston. But sometimes, especially nights like these, I feel so proud to be part of this city, to have known it for so long, to call it home.



Unless one of you flipped over a car, in which case, I'm embarrassed to know you.

1 comment:

  1. it was me i flipped the car..... ok that wasn't me. not even close, but i have been to fenway once!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.