Monday, March 10, 2014

Resolutions Update

This year, I decided to challenge myself to 12 new year's resolutions instead of just one. Here's an update on how they're going:

1. Buy fresh foods. & 2. Cook said foods. I'm actually doing both of these things! For the past 5 weeks, I've cooked a bunch of stuff on Sundays to bring for lunch every day like a grown up. I feel nourished and yet frugal because I've mostly been eating lentils. They're like $1, you guys. Legumes 4-L. 
3. Make my own damn coffee (also known as, save some fucking money, you poor). I did this for about 2 weeks before reverting back to my old, disgusting ways. The thing is, I need like at least 32 ounces of coffee in my veins to function, and my travel mug simply isn't big enough. A simple solution would be to get a new mug, but who has the time to do that?
4. Eliminate fat talk from my vocabulary. I can't even tell you how dramatically this has improved my life. Well, I guess I can. I've never been more satisfied with myself or my body since I'm no longer constantly critiquing it. More importantly, eating is way more fun. I've slipped up a few times, but I've made a conscious effort to at least correct myself in those moments, and it's made a huge difference. I recommend this to everyone. 
5. Be less internety. FAIL. 
6. "Advance professionally". I'm now on an executive council board for an association I'm involved in but I'm not making any more money. This wasn't what I was going for. 
7. Perform at an open mic night. Oo... yeah... this is terrifying, so not sure when it will happen.
8. WRITE A BOOK. I've written almost two chapters so far, so that's pretty baller, right? It's all about dating and sex and eating my feelings, so I'm pretty sure no one will ever love me after reading it. I might need to wait until I'm married before I get it published.
9.  Go to sleep at a reasonable hour/fall asleep/stay asleep/SLEEP.  My brain rebels against sleep. Is this an indication of getting old or something? Because I've never had such a problem sleeping in my entire life. Needless to say, this continues to be a daily struggle. Last night, I actually turned my phone OFF an hour before going to bed. I still woke up about 7 times, but at least I fell asleep in less than 3 hours.
10. Get up early enough to walk to work. Have not done this even one time.
11. Learn how to paint my nails. I've at least started painting my own nails as opposed to getting manicures, but I'm terrible at it, mainly because of my ADD. I have a tendency to start a task, immediately forget about it, and move on to something new. For instance, last night I painted one coat, and then decided I had to find shoes underneath my bed right away.
12. Get on GirlCode. So far, I've tweeted at the comediennes on the show a lot, but that's as far as I've gotten. 

And because I like to make things as complicated as possible, I've added additional goals to the list:

1. Do a full-blown pull-up. 
2. Read one book a month. 
3. Drink less... 

I'll be sure to keep you updated on my progress, since I'm sure you all care very much. 

1 comment:

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.