Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Ghosts

I do a lot of self-reflection, mainly about why I'm single and whether or not I want to be. I go back and forth between wanting to live my M-F life and also worrying that I'm going to die alone. Anyway, I have come to very few conclusions, though it is clearly evident that I generally tend to like men who are emotionally and/or physically distant, men who aren't even real, men who are GHOSTS.


Beyonce - Mine (feat. Drake) HD by hdimax
"Don't go ghost on me."


"Ghosting": The act of disappearing in a phantom-like fashion from someone you are seeing.

Tip: Do not do this.

I realized this the other day as I spent about 2 hours looking at pictures of The Weeknd and Kit Harington online, wondering when and how I could meet them and/or touch them IRL. I can't, so, that's the thing.

Similarly, my dating history goes something like this:

Meets totally disinterested man, falls in love, ~DISAPPEARS~.

OR

Meets totally interested man, is automatically turned off, ~DISAPPEARS~.


In the first instance, the man disappears; in the second, I do. Either way, someone is ghosting. Moreover, in the past few months, I've listened to multiple guys tell me that I have "commitment issues" ("but it's okay!"). It's real fun to hear, let me tell you. But it seems like they're probably right... This is problem. Or will be, if it turns out that I really don't want to die alone.

On that note, let's go back to Kit Harington because this:

WHAT?!

I have actual feelings for him. Like, I feel sensations when I see him on screen. ~SENSATIONS~.

Okay, I'm done here. Disappearing now...

13 comments:

  1. 1) i have been ghosted recently and wanted to cock punch him. 2) kit harrington is mine so back the eff off. 3) being single is fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS fun! Until that moment you are dying of the stomach flu alone and you want someone with a beard to take care of you.

      Delete
    2. Also, you should definitely send that guy a text that says "YOU'RE A GHOST BYE."

      Delete
    3. if he wasnt currently in PORTUGAL i would. in two months when he's back i'm going to text him the word "GHOST"

      Delete
    4. Hahaha. Please do.

      If it helps, in the past 24 hours I've received roughly 5 emails from people sharing their personal ghost stories. No one is safe.

      Delete
    5. it doesnt bother me cause I know I'm a fuckin catch so it's his loss. but seriously, so many ghosts. the slow fade is real!

      Delete
    6. I totally thought I invented the term ghost until I read that article. I think we should start using "casper" or "Patrick Swayze" as synonyms so we're a little cooler.

      Delete
  2. You have no idea how much this is my dating life. I get super amped up on a guy (and I don't let him know) then the only reason he gets in touch is to try to get a sexy snapchat session going. I'm like - hey, you can't send me dick pics and not ask me how my day was - then be MIA the rest of life.

    I'm having an amazing time learning about myself as a single woman but share the same FOMO on my forever. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've literally never received a DP. This is kind of disappointing, actually.

      Delete
  3. All i really took from this post is the fact that I need to watch game of thrones. not sure if i did this assignment right today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, how have you not already learned that from my blog. Get on the stick!

      Delete
  4. I never knew that there was a term for that! That's pretty funny. I laughed so hard at this post and the comments, seriously I love it. Yes, yes, yes to Kit Harington!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.