Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I Can't Stop!

I'm obsessed with Miley Cyrus' new song. There I said it. I straight up can't stop listening to it. Straight up. So I guess it's aptly named. I will say, though, that the video is downright terrifying:




I'm trying to get my friends into it so that I can justify putting it on repeat at a party. (By the way, someone invite me to a party. Thanks.) Last night, I played it for my friend Alex, who said, "This is the kind of song that, when I listen to it, I feel like I should be throwing up or passing out," which sounds about right, judging by the video.

I have mixed feelings about the message, though. On the one hand, she's all like, "GIRL POWER!" But then on the other, she's like, "I do coke!" And that's kind of disturbing since she used to be Hannah Montana. Then again, that's also probably why she does coke now, so.

She's just being Miley.

She also looks like a starving prostitute in the video. But other than that, it's totally empowering, right?

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Miley. I saw her in concert when she was in her Party in the U.S.A phase, really I just love when squeaky clean people go cray so I'm all aboard the hot mess express!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to watch that video, and since your post made it easy for me I finally did. And all I have to say is what the eff. Haha. Sooo weird, and I think I might have to agree with your friend Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only reason I would EVER watch this video is because it happened to be on Katie Que's blog. Oh God, Katie Que, why....WHYYYYY did you have to post this video?? And what nihilistic, masochistic streak in myself made me CHOOSE to watch it??

    Setting those questions aside, just let me say that any pop star that makes a video that features them writhing as if in the throes of sexual ecstasy, or as if they believe they are some sort of hyper-attractive sexual magnet, means that they are decidedly UNsexy. Tsk, tsk, poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just was waiting for her to go into the kitchen and make herself a sandwich during the party. She looked so hungry.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.