Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cinderella

I watched Cinderella the other night. I have to be honest, I don't think I had ever seen the whole thing. As you know, when I was a child, I much preferred Alice in Wonderland because it was about a little girl wandering alone in the woods; I could identify with that. Also cats:



Anyway, I'm still not impressed by Cinderella. I mean, the story-line is pretty lame: a girl who LOVES cleaning magically gets turned into a princess? It sounds like a Lysol commercial to me.  And also who wouldn't love cleaning if you had little slave animals to do most of the work. Again, Boo, what are you doing with your life?

GET A JOB.

But what bothers me more than the plot is the glass slipper. First of all, how impractical? Especially since the fairy godmother had to have known Cinderella would be running to beat the clock. Pretty bitchy, I'd say. One wrong move and that shit shatters. I'd love to see a version where Cinderella is limping back to her pumpkin with a bloody foot.



Also, wasn't everything supposed to turn back to normal at midnight? How did that one glass slipper avoid the spell? Listen, I know a lot about magic and that couldn't possibly have happened.

I guess I just prefer more realistic stories. You know, ones with dragons and people who become direwolves.

1 comment:

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.