Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Not Gluten-Free

I just wanted to give you guys an update on my gluten-free diet. I know you have all been wondering how I'm doing, so let me tell you.

On day one, I ate a whole-wheat tortilla and a graham cracker, but other than that, totes GF. But then on day 2, I brought a box of these to a picnic:

NOT gluten-free

Has anyone else had these?! They are AMAZING. They also cost $5, so you feel rich buying them. My roommate almost went out of her way to buy me gluten-free cookies as if I was serious. So kind of her but, like, no.

Also, on Saturday, I drank five beers, which always, always make me feel sick, but I drink them anyway because a life without beer is a life not worth living!

Pizza: also NOT gluten-free

Then again, in an effort to drink less beer, I did recently start drinking more whiskey (healthy), which my dad kindly pointed out to me is also made with grains (duh) and most likely contains gluten, so it's not really the best substitute. So, what the hell is a girl to do?! Perhaps reevaluate her life if her major concern is finding an alcoholic substitute for alcohol.  Whatever.


Here's a picture of my cat next to a muffin, also NOT gluten free.

So, to sum it up, I'm doing really well.

5 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure tequila is gluten free :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie pourque Most distilled liquor is ok ... Being GF (for the most part) myself cider and liquor is the way to go, and there are a few good gf beers (Daura Omission and hate to say it anheiser bush's redbridge)

    But I still go on some gluten binges from time to time mostly alternating if I drink beer I wont eat it and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a great list of Gluten Free products, beer and liquor here http://www.glutenfreebostongirl.com/products-2/

    It's really not that hard to go GF, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ms. stuart, sure is. and also. those cookies will BLOW your mind. seriously.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.