Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Weight-less

I'm kind of a hypocrite (read: totally a hypocrite) because I often preach about having a positive body image when I don't really myself. That's mostly because I hope that by projecting a certain attitude, one day I'll actually adopt it myself. And maybe other people will, too. So it's not fully reprehensible.

Anyway, I want to tell you about something I've stopped doing recently that has been really really amazing. And that thing is weighing myself.  It was an obsession of mine for a very long time. Like an every day kind of obsession, even though I knew (and expressed to the world) how awful and self-sabotaging it was. I read many books and articles about why you shouldn't weigh yourself, and said to myself, "What a great idea!", until finally, one day, I actually took that advice. Though, I will admit, I didn't actively stop weighing myself; I simply became too busy. And, after a while, it just basically fell out of habit. Kind of like flossing your teeth, but with a much healthier outcome. Regardless, it's been great for me. And probably everyone around me.

I'm still quite tempted by the scale in my bathroom, but I've been enjoying my ignorance so much that it keeps me from going back.

Is this what normal feels like? I'm not sure. I still have a long way to go. But for those of you who can relate, which I sadly assume is many, I highly recommend this small change.

1 comment:

  1. my advice is to get rid of the scale entirely.... in other news, i am super proud of you for not focusing on the number, i know you've read all the articles that say why it's good to not weight yourself, but i am glad you're finally taking the advice. it will help for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments unless you're an international spammer. Sorry.